Terms and Conditions
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, TOGETHER WITH TERMS CONTAINED IN YOUR APPLICATION, CONSTITUTE THE CAMERON COUNTY REGIONAL MOBILITY AUTHORITY (CCRMA) Register-by-Plate CUSTOMER AGREEMENT (THE AGREEMENT). NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT RELEASES YOU, THE CUSTOMER, FROM FINES RESULTING FROM FAILURE TO ABIDE BY STATE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
By opening a Register-by-Plate account , you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Toll Charges and Payment
1.1. Account Uses
Your Register-by-Plate account may be used to pay a Pay-By-Mail toll on CCRMA facilities only at the applicable Pay-By-Mail rate.
1.2. Pay By Mail
If your account has insufficient funds to cover a toll charge, the vehicle’s registered owner is subject to Pay-By-Mail processes and will receive a Toll Bill. The toll and any applicable fees must be paid as directed in the Toll Bill.
Toll charges may vary based on payment method and one or more of the following: 1) the number of vehicle axles detected; and/or 2) the facility used.
2. Account Information
2.1. Good Standing.
- To keep your account open and in good standing you must:
- Keep your vehicle information, year, make, model, license plate number and axle counts current.
- Keep payment information current.
- Keep your contact information, address and email current.
- Register-by-Plate requires a current and valid email address to receive correspondence and notices related to account payments, status, and updates.
2.2. Temporary License Plates
- You may add a temporary license plate to your Register-by-Plate account if you have recently purchased a vehicle and are waiting to receive your permanent license plates.
- You are responsible for updating your account with your permanent license plate once it received from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Your account may be closed when:
You request the account to be closed.
Any remaining balance will be refunded without interest and less outstanding administrative fees. Refunds will be made by the original method of payment, when possible, and will occur within 15 days of your account closure request.
The account shows a negative or zero balance.
Any negative balance and/or outstanding tolls and fees must be paid in full immediately or may be subject to Pay-By-Mail processes and fees.
There has been no account activity
A "Notice of Inactivity" will be sent after 6 months of inactivity, at which time, the account will be closed. Any remaining balance will be refunded without interest and less outstanding tolls and administrative fees. Refunds will be made by the original method of payment, when possible.
3. Automatic Account Replenishment
3.1. You may elect to have either automatic or manual account replenishment.
3.2. Depending on your account usage, you will be charged monthly based on the amount of actual usage for the prior month.
- 3.3. If you arrange for automatic account replenishment, you agree to the following:
You will provide authorization and the necessary information to establish account replenishment by a credit card or debit card.
If your automatic payment method is declined, you will be subject to Pay By Mail processes and fees. You must contact the Customer Service Center to re-establish automatic replenishment.
4. Manual Account Replenishment
Payment for replenishment may be by bank account (electronic check/ACH), credit card, debit card, check, money order or cash. Do not send cash in the mail. The Customer Service Center reserves the right to refuse temporary checks.
Non-sufficient funds (NSF)
If check payments are returned for insufficient funds, the account holder will be charged a fee of $30 and may be required to replenish their account with certified funds or cash for future transactions.
You may contest fees and tolls applied to your account in writing to the Customer Service Center within 60 days of the transaction posting date. If the fee or toll is removed or adjusted, your account will be credited.
If you do not have a valid Register-by-Plate account the toll system will capture an image of your vehicle’s license plate. If the license plate number is not active and listed on your account, the transaction will be processed as Pay-By-Mail and subject to Pay-By-Mail processes and fees.
This Agreement may be terminated at any time and for any reason. If your account is terminated, the Customer Service Center will refund any amount in your account remaining after tolls, costs and fees have been paid, without interest.
8.2. Information collected by the Customer Service Center related to your account will not be released except under the following circumstances:
- In response to a court order for specific information.
- At your request as the individual account holder with proper identification.
- As necessary to collect unpaid tolls, fees and penalties.
- As otherwise required by law.
The Customer Service Center may periodically make changes or amendments to the terms and conditions of the Agreement. You will receive notice of any such changes via email, on your account statement and/or at the Customer Service Centers.
Neither CCRMA nor the TPS CCRMA Customer Service Center shall have any obligation or liability to the customer with respect to use or performance of the Register-by-Plate